QuickBooks accounting software offers tech-savvy and well-advanced features for its users. These features and functions support users in handling their big and complicated accounting and bookkeeping tasks. Well, the software is also known to carry certain errors that distress the users while they are operating the application. QuickBooks error 2000 is one error that arises when users access online banking in their QuickBooks application. In this blog post, we are going to explain the easy step-by-step techniques to troubleshoot this error. Take this blog as a comprehensive guide and remove the error permanently.
QuickBooks Error Code 2000 – A Quick Overview
The QuickBooks error 2000 is an error of banking that can arrive in both versions of the QuickBooks application. The error flashes a message on the user’s screen read as “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.” The error hinders the user from accessing their online banking in QuickBooks desktop software. Therefore, it becomes crucial to rectify this glitch immediately. Continue reading this blog post and resolve this stubborn error. But before that, let’s learn the various causes of the error code 2000 in the QuickBooks application.
What Triggers The Banking QuickBooks Error Code 2000?
1. The error code 2000 in your QuickBooks application may occur when the login credentials you are using are incorrect. These login credentials are important to access the online banking account.
2. When your online banking servers are not responding properly to your request to access the QuickBooks data, the error code 2000 in the QB application may also occur.
3. If your QuickBooks Desktop software is not updated with the latest release, it is also one of the common errors of the QuickBooks banking error code 2000.
Troubleshooting Ways To Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 2000
Troubleshooting Way 1 – By Verifying Banking Log-in Credentials
1. First of all, you have to visit your online baking website and then try to log in using your credentials.
2. Now, if you get an error related to your sign-in credentials, then open a text file and enter your login credentials. After this, ensure that you are entering the login credentials accurately by turning off the Caps Lock.
3. Finally, after resetting your login credentials, now try to access your online banking in the QuickBooks application using the new sign-in credentials.
Troubleshooting Way 2 – By Recreating Your QuickBooks.ini File
1. For this, you have to first open your Windows File Manager by pressing the Windows + E keys on your keyboard. After this, head to the C: drive and locate the QuickBooks Folder.
2. Now, you have to make sure that you change your Windows settings to the option for Continue and locate the QB file with the name QBWUSER.ini.
3. Now, give right-click on that QBWUSER file and add. OLD at the end of that file name. Continue and repeat these steps for your DataStore.ecml files.
We hope these troubleshooting techniques have helped you. If you are still struggling with the QuickBooks error 2000, then call the expert QuickBooks ProAdvisor team at 1-855-856-0042 immediately!
You may also read – QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118: Resolving Techniques