VoIP is short for Voice over Internet Protocol which was launched on the Internet back in the year 1995, it is no exaggeration to say that VoIP has changed the way we communicate today. This guide briefly describes what a VoIP phone system is, how it works, what are its features and how it is beneficial for your business.
What is a VoIP phone system?
VoIP phone systems offer mobility, interoperability, and connectivity by promoting voice-based calling using an internet connection instead of a local telephone company.
VoIP systems convert simple sound signals to digital signals, compress them and send them over the internet with the assistance of VoIP service providers that interface calls between all participants. On the receiving side, the digital data is decompressed into the sound you hear on a VoIP phone. With a high-velocity web association, including a switch and modem, you are good to go to utilize VoIP.
People opt for VoIP because they can make calls without costly telephone service and save on long-distance charges. If you have internet access, you don’t need extra copper wire. A simple SIP-compatible desk phone or VoIP calling app which acts as an IP address is all you need. Unlike landlines, you can make high definition (HD) calls. This allows employees to work from home and communicate globally with ease.
How Does the VoIP Phone System Work?
- A VoIP phone system is a technology for making calls over an Internet connection rather than a regular landline or mobile network. VoIP systems convert analog audio signals over broadband connections into digital signals with the help of VoIP servers that connect calls to other networks. With a high-speed Internet connection including a router and modem, you are all set to use VoIP.
- Typical VoIP configurations include desk phones and SIP servers (typically VoIP service providers). It offers far more features than analog phone services can offer, making it even better than traditional landlines.
- Because VoIP runs over the Internet, your data is securely stored in the cloud. You can manage your VoIP system through your online dashboard. This dashboard allows users to adjust contacts, company phone numbers, call forwarding numbers, and add new phone numbers.
Reasons why your business need a VoIP phone system
- Easy to grow in your business – The biggest advantage of using a VoIP system is that it is ideal for growing businesses. Unlike traditional telephone lines, which are often laborious and expensive to upgrade, VoIP offers far more options for scalability, adding new features, telephone lines users, etc as your company grow and expand communications.
- Save money – Shifting to VoIP is one of the best ways to save money, which most business owners are constantly taking a stab at. In case your organisation is also searching for approaches to work on main concerns and lessen correspondence costs, VoIP systems make this conceivable. You can easily make international calls over the Internet at no additional charge as you would expect from a traditional system, so the savings you enjoy with VoIP can be especially great when doing business with clients and suppliers internationally.
- Increased flexibility – VoIP systems undoubtedly offer much more flexibility than traditional telephone lines. With VoIP, you don’t have to be at your desk to answer incoming calls over landline. This is because you can choose to transfer your work calls to your personal smartphone. With an internet connection, you can talk to clients and employees from anywhere, making it an ideal choice for business owners and employees who travel a lot.
- Better customer service – Every year, companies lose a great amount of potential fortune due to poor administration of customer service. The VoIP phone system allows you to provide your customers with better standard services when communicating with them over the phone. This can prevent customers from being bounced by different departments before they get the answers they need. You can also easily reach out to team members and share updates quickly from wherever you are. You can also use VoIP features, such as virtual call centres, to continue to provide superior service to your customers anytime and from anywhere.
What are some top features of VoIP phone systems?
In addition to cost savings, extensive telephone capabilities are another important motivation for so many companies to switch to VoIP. The main features provided by the VoIP phone system are:
- Unlimited Calls- Make as many calls as you like to any phone anywhere in the world with zero cost and instant savings.
- Online Fax– Send and receive unlimited faxes, much like email. There is no hardware or wires. Faxing is finally easy and easy.
- Auto Answer– Greet the caller as soon as they call and forward it to the right person. Make a great first impression of your company from the moment clients or customers call.
- Call Queue- Process calls when your team is busy. The caller waits for the next agent instead of again and again trying to reach your busy network.
- HD Voice Quality- Get great sounding calls. The g.722 codec is designed to eliminate the annoying static electricity of lively conversations.
- Meeting Line- Use a dedicated meeting line for meetings with up to 9 participants. Encounter, moderate and record in High Definition.
- Group Collaboration- Chat with your group on one system. Take care of business quicker with undistracted video and screen sharing.
- CRM Integration- Optional integration is available in your current CRM. Improve your productivity with a deeply integrated workflow.
Hopeful all the points described above regarding the VoIP system helped you understand the deep insights of VoIP, its features and how it can revolutionise your business.