Health is one of the most important elements of our life. Being healthy gives us the strength to get ahead, work hard, and live with those we love. It is natural that we care about taking care of this aspect and that we want to feel protected. In many cases, to take care of her we turn to the famous health insurance. But do you know what they are and what they are for? Do they really cover all the needs that we may have?
Keep reading and discover everything you need to know about health insurance and if it is really essential to have one. In addition, you will find out about other interesting alternatives that exist in this regard. In this way, you can make the best decision when it comes to guaranteeing your health and dealing with any contingency.
What is health insurance?
Health insurance is a tool that serves to protect against a medical event, so you can face the high costs of health services. Health insurance can be public (such as those offered in the context of the so-called “Social Security” ) or private (such as those that you contract with insurers, protection companies, or specialized platforms ).
When it comes to finding health insurance that meets our needs , concepts such as:
- Receive the best care and service.
- Have medical and hospital assistance.
- Access surgical or specialized options when required.
- Avoid lines and bureaucratic situations.
- Be served quickly and efficiently.
In that sense, you can purchase health insurance by hiring it through an insurance company. This can lead to the company assuming all or part of your expenses in a medical situation depending on the coverage you wish to purchase. In addition, it can offer you assistance, financial support, or follow-up solutions, depending on the case.
And you will ask yourself: is it that easy, do I already have the protection I need? For you to get a more accurate answer, you have to analyze some other points.
Health insurance… Does it protect you completely?
We commonly bet on the solutions that health insurance offers, but rarely do we stop to think about the things or situations that these services do not cover . And this can be an unpleasant surprise in the event of an emergency.
For example, some health insurance policies do not include coverage for:
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Conditions registered abroad.
- Situations presented under certain temporality parameters, as if you get sick from the same thing again in a short period of time.
- Complications from certain diseases of the immune system.
This can lead us to go through a cumbersome and complicated review of the terms and conditions of the health insurance that we want to contract.
So… What is the best health insurance or what kind of solution should I look for? The truth is that there are always alternatives. Currently, you can find new and varied tools to protect your health such as Protection Plans, as well as specialized companies that promote their benefits, which come to revolutionize the security scenario, providing peace of mind and certainty
Protection plans, the tailored alternative:
A Protection Plan is a solution that allows you to watch over your health from tailored contracted services. These are adapted to the needs of your business if you have employees, or to your professional profile if you are independent.
Personalization will not only impact the benefits it gives you, but also the fair and accessible prices that you will have to pay.
Exploring the Protection Plan alternative is thinking “outside the box” when it comes to health insurance. It is taking our search for security and peace of mind one step further, with comprehensive and tailor-made solutions.
Unlike health insurance, a protection plan can offer you:
- A personalized approach, whether you have a business, work as a freelancer, or have house staff working with you.
- Armed to the measure, with plans covering a whole menu of options, such as medical care calls, care specialists, accident insurance, and compensation.
- Accessible and fair prices, which adapt to your needs.
- Accompaniment of advisers who support you when you need information, schedule appointments, and guidance in case of accidents.
- A lot of flexibility, as these types of plans, can be selected and paid for from your computer or from an app, so that you are protected at all times.