The world where we live our mother earth is gifted with infinite number of beautiful places. These places are visited by tourists from all over the world. Before we start traveling let’s first look into some insights into the tourism industry globally.
Being a human being we like to see new places new people and different cultures climate etc. Which makes us travel to different places to experience this? There are a lot of tourist destinations attracting tourists globally. We shall see who likes to visit what places with some rankings from the United Nation’s world tourism organization.
According to World Tourism rankings report. In 2018, around 1.401 billion international tourists were arrivals worldwide, with a growth rate of 5.4% as compared to 2017. The top 5 international tourist destinations in 2018 were:
Around 89 million international tourists were arrivals to France in 2018, this figure was increased by 3.0% as compared to 2017 where approx. 86 a million tourists visited France. This has pushed France to take on the first position in the top-rated list of tourist destinations in the world.
Tourists’ attractions: France has many tourist attractions, a couple of them are pointed here.
- Paris is the capital city of France and the third most visited city in the world. It has the world’s largest and most visited art museums such as Louvre and more. The world’s most recognized landmark Eiffel Tower is also hosted here in Paris, which is one of the main attractive spot for the tourists from all over the globe.
- French Riviera is the second leading destination choice of tourists in the country after Paris. Nice, Antibes, and Cannes are included in the main cities on the French Riviera. Cap Ferrat is also a popular destination for tourists. Cannes hosts the annual Cannes Film Festival. Tourists also often visit near the Italian border, the east of Toulon, Port-Cros National Park, and Monaco.
Spain was the second largest tourists visited country in the world. Approx 83 million visitors were recorded in Spain in 2018.
Tourists’ attractions: Same as France Spain has many things that make it centralised for the tourists attractions.
- Historical cities and towns: Spain offers various historical cities and towns for visitors. The two largest cities: Madrid and Barcelona of Spain are included in the leading city destinations in Europe as a whole. There are a lot many places to visit carrying a historically rich heritage confronting to Spanish culture exhibiting commerce, entertainment, education, fashion, arts and sports etc. Thus adding more value to these cities to be counted in world’s top global cities.
- Festivals – Spain is also known for its festivals, such as various carnivals are very popular in all over Spain, and especially in the Canary Islands (Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife) and Cadiz. Most festivals are turn around patron saints, legends, local customs, and folklore. Among the most singular ones stand out the Seville Fair (Feria de Abril in Spanish), the Romería de El Rocío in Almonte, Huelva, the world-famous Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, the Fallas in Valencia, the Tomatina in Buñol, Valencia and the Fiestas del Pilar in Zaragoza. Renowned movie festivals all over the country also attract visitors. Most of the tourist come here to be only a part of the rich culture of spain that is so very colorful that people just get mesmerized by the magic of enjoying life in a totally unique way with fun.
These are few other attractions in Spain. Apart from this Spain is also known for its Nightlife in the world, which is very attractive for both locals and tourists. It is also known for its nature and rural tourism to winter tourism, art and culture museums.
3. United States:
The United States in tourism is one of the third largest tourist country in the world. It serves millions of international and domestic tourists yearly. In the Year 2018, around 80 million tourists visited here, and it was 3.5% more as compared to 2017 when approx. 77 million travellers visited. Rapidly tourism in the United States was grown during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries in the form of urban tourism.
Tourists’ attractions: US being the most powerful nation in the world attracts everyone to atleast visit once in their lifetime. Foreigners visit U.S. to see natural wonders, cities, historic landmarks, entertainment venues and etc. Americans also seek similar attractions, as well as recreational and vacation areas.
US has destinations fulfilling dreams of almost all kinds of tourists. Such as amusement parks, museums, buildings of historical importance, gambling, hotels, spas, restaurants, sports etc. If you love eating good quality cuisines then Boston is the place for you. Chicago is the place for museums and best of the world famous hotels. Washington for white house and other monuments of past era. Las Vegas for casinos and gambling. San Francisco for art lovers and exquisite surroundings. Want to see Disney parks Orlando is the place for you. Los Angeles for its uncomparable scenic beauty. Miami for beach lovers. Want to see Empire state building New York for you with world famous landmarks.
Tourism in China is a growing industry which is also becoming a significant part of the Chinese economy. The tourism rate has greatly extended over the last few decades since the beginning of reform and opening-up. The easing of restrictions on movement by the Chinese authorities and the emergency of a newly rich middle class are both fuelling this travel boom. Now China has become one of the world’s most-watched and hottest tourist markets (both inbound and outbound).
As of 2018, China was the fourth most visited country in the world. After, Franc, Spain and the United States, around 63 million international tourists were visited here.
Tourists’ attractions: China has various attractions for the tourists. Tourists’ resources & attractions can be divided into three main categories such as Natural sites, Historical and Culture sites, and Folk Custom.
- Natural sites: China has mountains, lakes, valleys, caves and waterfalls in their natural sites attractions. Changbai Mountains is one of the famous natural sites in China, an important nature reserve home to the rare Siberian tiger. In northern Sichuan, Jiuzhaigou is a beautiful “fairyland valley” running over 40 km through the snow-covered mountains, waterfalls, lakes, and forest. Heavenly Pool (Tianchi) in the Tianshan Mountains in Xinjiang is 1,980 meters high above sea. These are a few natural site attractions in China.
- Historical and culture sites: China’s long history has left many cultural relics and the title of “China Top Tourist City” has gone to the first group of 54 cities. Like The Great Wall of China is a major tourist attraction also known as the National symbol. Beijing the capital city of China is famous for its historic and cultural significance. The Great wall, the Forbidden city, the Summer place and the Temple of Heaven are the popular picks in the city.
- Folk custom: Folk customs like “March Street” celebrated by the Bai people in Dali, Yunnan, is associated with the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy suppressing a devil. Another festival, celebrated in the spring is Water-Sprinkling Festival of the Dai ethnic group in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, a lively festival altogether.
Further every year a tourist theme is given by The China National Park Tourism Administration in promotion of tourism; theme of 1992 was “Friendly Sightseeing Year.” Followed by “Landscape Tour”, “Tour of Cultural Relics and Historical Sites”, “Folk Customs Tour”, “Holiday Tour”, and “Ecological Environment Tour.” From the year 2000 to 2004, the themes were “Century Year”, “Sports and Health of China”, “Folk Arts of China”, and “Culinary Kingdom of China”, and “Catch the Lifestyle.”
Shanghai is the biggest city of China. It’s richness and modernity is seen by its sky scrapers. There are not many attractions though but to name a few like the Shanghai Tower which is the world’s 2nd tallest building, Yu Garden the traditional Chinese garden, and the Bund to enjoy the skylines of Shanghai.
According to World Tourism rankings report 2018, Italy is the fifth most visited country in the world. As of the year 2018, approx. 62 million international tourists arrived here.
Tourists’ attractions: Italy is famous for its rich culture, cuisine, history, fashion and arts. It is also well-known for its beautiful attractions like its beautiful coastline and beaches, mountains, and priceless ancient monuments. Italy has more heritage sites than any other country in the world.
- Rome is the capital of Italy. The ancient Colosseum being the iconic world famous site belongs to this city. Renaissance era palaces, museums and churches can be seen here.
- Venice is the most popular and beautiful city built on water. It is the one of the most romantic city on earth. It is well known for its churches, museums and canals.
Tourism in Italy is the fastest growing and most profitable industrial sectors, with an estimated revenue of €189.1 billion.
According to the research report of the World Tourism Organization, China was the top spender country on international tourism for the year 2018. China had spent around $277 billion on international tourism in 2018 compared to $257.7 billion in 2017.
So guys, what are you thinking? Pack your bags and enjoy this beautiful world. World is awaiting for you .